Soft capsules, also known as soft gels, are a growth market. But producing them is challenging. Getting the formulation just right, while ensuring production efficiency and effective API delivery, calls for in-depth understanding of the soft gel market and the capsule production process. At Rousselot Functional Ingredients we can provide you with the support you need to succeed.
- A simpler manufacturing process with fewer production steps
- The possibility to encapsulate most types of, semisolid, and liquid fill formulations
- Unique color and shape configurations for enhancing product identity
- Easy to swallow and neutral in odor and flavor, improving patient compliance
- Good delivery form
- The soft gel market is expected to grow by 5.5% to 755 million USD between 2017 and 2022 (source: Global Soft Gel Capsules Industry, HJ research, June 2017)
- The main growth drivers:
Soft gel’s popularity in the nutraceutical market
Its added value for difficult formulations
- Gelatin is the main excipient in soft gelatin capsules, due to its unique functional capabilities and full dissolution properties
A safe and natural excipient, the gelatins provided by Rousselot Functional Ingredients offer unlimited innovation options in the soft capsules market – whether in chewable capsules or nutraceuticals. With our range of pharmaceutical gelatins for soft capsules, you can adjust encapsulation conditions to the encapsulated formula and active compounds.
When manufacturing soft gels, nutra and pharmaceutical manufacturers sometimes experience shell cross-linking leading to stability issues. Developed by Rousselot Functional Ingredients, StabiCaps gelatins enable the production of capsules with reduced cross-linking. StabiCaps consist of a patented range of gelatins offering shell stability and API release levels superior to those of standard gelatins.