Tablets are a much-used dosage form for pharma- and nutraceutical products. Using the right gelatins in manufacturing tablets offers numerous processing and consumer advantages. Rousselot Functional Ingredients can help you maximize those advantages with world-class gelling and non-gelling gelatins for tablets, combined with technical expertise and experience in co-developing solutions with customers.
Our gelatins are suitable for both wet granulation and direct compression as tablet binders and fair disintegrants, thanks to several key features:
- Flexibility of use (wettability and cold solubility for non-gelling gelatin)
- Appropriate binding power (adhesive and cohesive properties, depending on gel strength selected)
- Excellent powder flowability and compression properties
The advantages for consumers of using tablets as a drug delivery form are also important:
- Non-gelling gelatin allows for fast disintegration, thus ensuring good and rapid drug availability
- Gelatin offers an effective coating, making tablets easy to swallow