Peptan collagen peptides are safe, bioactive peptides, optimized to be easily digestible, highly bioavailable and effective in delivering specific benefits to skin tissue. Credible scientific research provides nutricosmetic manufacturers with vital information when looking to create clear differentiation for their products in a competitive market place.
A new randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study1 shows that taking Peptan® collagen peptides goes beyond just helping smooth wrinkles. The study provides powerful scientific evidence that the oral supplement reduces scaliness and roughness of the skin and strengthens hair, and proves these benefits happen at lower doses shown before.1
- Peptan B increases the mechanical strength of hair in 13%
Peptan B effectively reduces skin wrinkles:
- 13% around the eyes
- 10% around the mouth
As the most widely researched collagen peptide brand on the market, Peptan's anti-aging benefits are well documented. Many clinical studies have shown that Peptan alone shows significant anti-aging effects after one month 3,4.
From about the age of 30, the activity of skin cells (fibroblasts) begins to decline, leading to a decrease in collagen density and the onset of significant signs of aging, such as wrinkles, dehydration, and decreased firmness.
Oral Peptan can internally increase and reconstitute the skin collagen network to counteract the effects of these aging and make people look younger. Peptan also stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid, providing good hydration properties. The efficacy of Peptan is supported by a large body of scientific evidence, including the following three
Collagen fragments were reduced after 0 weeks, 4th and 12th weeks of Peptan intake
In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial3, 33 women aged 40-59 received 10g of Peptan or placebo per day for a period of two months.
- Peptan increased skin hydration by as much as 28% after eight weeks of intake.
- Peptan helps counteract the appearance of dry skin typical in aging by increasing the skin's moisture levels.
Increased collagen density at 0, 4 and 12 weeks after Peptan intake
In an ex vivo study3 acidic glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) visualized by Alcian Blue staining in a histological analysis.
- Peptan treatment significantly increased the amount of acidic GAGs present in the epidermis in a dose-dependent manner, to a max. increase of +745 %. This increase is mainly represented by hyaluronic acid since it is the main acidic GAG of the skin.
- Peptan helps improve the skin's moisture by increasing the amount of water-binding hyaluronic acid in the epidermis.
- Rousselot unpublished study
- Cosgrove, M.C. et al., 2007, Dietary nutrient intakes and skin-aging appearance among middle-aged American women. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 86 (4): 1225-1231
- Asserin, J. et al., 2015. The effect of oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moisture and the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, doi: 10.1111/jocd.12174
- Borumand, M. et al., 2014, Daily consumption of the collagen supplement Pure Gold Collagen® reduces visible signs of aging, Clinical Interventions in Aging. 9:1747-1758
Rousselot makes no representation or warranty, whether expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information, nor does it assume any legal liability, whether direct or indirect, for any information. Use of this information shall be at your discretion and risk. Nothing herein relieves you from carrying out your own suitability determinations and tests and from your obligation to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and to observe all third-party rights. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The uses and claims for Rousselot’s products recommended in this website should be adapted to the current local regulatory environment. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.