- In a pioneering study, Peptan collagen peptides have been demonstrated to accelerate recovery and alleviate muscle soreness after intense exercise.
- The study is the first to suggest that our bioactive collagen peptides reduce recovery time after physical activity, possibly due to accelerated repair of the ECM.
"Muscle soreness was recorded on a VAS scale for pain after the performance of a squat (90° knee flexion) before and after a session of intense exercise by 24 participants supplemented with either Peptan or a placebo. Performance was measured by the height of a countermovement jump (knee flexion of 90° and jumping up as high as possible) before and after a session of intense exercise in 24 participants supplemented with either Peptan or a placebo."
I. Clifford, T, et al., 2019.
"Performance was measured by the height of a countermovement jump (knee flexion of 90° and jumping up as high as possible) before and after a session of intense exercise in 24 participants supplemented with either Peptan or a placebo."
Clifford, T, et al., 2019
Adding an extra dimension to sports recovery by supporting joint health
Excessive stress on joints is a challenge in sports that involves repetitive, high-impact movements such as running and cycling. Joint stress can damage cartilage, tendons and ligaments.
Peptan and Peptan IIm both can support joint health backed by science
As a true all round ingredient for sports nutrition, Peptan offers besides recovery also proven
effects on joint health. Peptan can
- Prevent cartilage degeneration and joint inflammation as demonstrated in an in vivo study
- Reduce joint discomfort
Peptan IIm is a hydrolyzed collagen type II matrix. It includes type II collagen and GAGs
(glycosaminoglycans) and has been developed to promote joint health at a low daily dosage
and across a broader range of low dosage application forms. An in vivo study has shown that
Peptan IIm can
- Protect cartilage from degeneration
- Stimulate cartilage lubrication
- Reduce and prevent joint inflammation
- Physically active individuals need more protein than average: from 1.4g/kg up to 2.0g/kg of body weight.
- Peptan bioactive collagen peptides and ProTake hydrolyzed collagen have unique application characteristics that enable them to increase protein content across multiple application forms.
- Benefits of increasing total protein intake:
- Promote muscle and strength during resistance training
- Preserve and maintain muscle during endurance exercise
- Prevent craving and help reach fitness and weight goals, collagen has been proven to produce high satiety levels in comparison to other proteins.
- Clifford, T, et al., 2019. The effects of collagen peptides on muscle damage, inflammation and bone turnover following exercise: a randomized, controlled trial. Amino Acids 51(4):691-704, doi.org/10.1007/s00726-019-02706-5
- Maughan, R.J. et al., 2018. IOC consensus statement: dietary supplements and the high-performance athlete. Br J Sports Med. 52(7):439–455.
- Goes R.A., et al., 2020. Musculoskeletal injuries in athletes from five modalities: a cross-sectional study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 21(1):122
- Dar, Q. et al., 2017. Daily oral consumption of hydrolyzed type 1 collagen is chondroprotective and anti-inflammatory in murine posttraumatic osteoarthritis. PLoS ONE 12(4):e0174705
- Jiang J.X. et al., 2014. Collagen peptides improve knee osteoarthritis in elderly women: A 6-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Agro FOOD Industry Hi Tech, 25:19-23
- Soniwala, S. et al., 2018. Oral Hydrolyzed Type 2 Collagen Protects Against the OA of Obesity and Mitigates Obese Gut Microbiome Dysbiosis. Poster presentation at ORS 2018 and OARSI 2018
- Campbell, B. et al., 2007. International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: Protein and exercise. J Int Soc Sports Nutr, 4(1): 8
- Bosse, J.D. et al., 2012. Dietary protein to maximize resistance training: a review and examination of protein spread and change theories. J Int Soc Sports Nutr9(1):42
- EFSA health claim listed in the Annex of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006, lastly amended by Regulation (EU) No 1047/2012 . doi: 10.1186/1550-2783-9-42
- Veldhorst, M.A. et al., 2009. A breakfast with alpha-lactalbumin, gelatin, or gelatin TRP lowers energy intake at lunch compared with a breakfast with casein, soy, whey, or whey-GMP. Clinical Nutrition, 28(2):147-155
Rousselot makes no representation or warranty, whether expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information, nor does it assume any legal liability, whether direct or indirect, for any information. Use of this information shall be at your discretion and risk. Nothing herein relieves you from carrying out your own suitability determinations and tests and from your obligation to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and to observe all third-party rights. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The uses and claims for Rousselot’s products recommended in this website should be adapted to the current local regulatory environment. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.