Recipe of the month is:
With Rousselot® 100 PS
The Mar’shell’ows are grained deposited marshmallows offering all the smoothness of the marshmallows into a tender crystallized crust. Thanks to this firm coating, the new Mar’shell’ows can achieve longer shelf-life than traditional deposited marshmallows.
- Dissolve (a) gelatin in hot water and keep it at 80°C in a water bath.
- Boil (b) to 116° C (add dextrose to decrease graining speed).
- Cool down to 100°C and add (a) gelatin solution and (c) flavor and color. NB: Add acid depending on the chosen flavor.
- Beat the preparation to reach about 0.75 of density.
- Deposit in molding starch and wait 1-2 hours before drying in a stove at 35-40°C during 24-48 hours.
- Remove from starch and coat with starch+ icing sugar (50/50).
- Store at 20°C.
- Final moisture content: 14 %.
NB: the longer the products stay in the stove, the more grained they will be.
Formulation complies with EU regulations. Always consult the local requirements regarding labelling outside EU.
©Rousselot. This recipe cannot be reproduced, distributed, translated and used without prior permission of Rousselot.
For more ideas please contact your Sales Representative.