Recipe of the month is:
High Protein Bar
With Rousselot® ProTake and Caseinates
You will easily meet your protein enrichment goal with ProTake, a pure collagen protein that is easy to integrate due to its ease of formulation and excellent organoleptic properties. In this tasty high protein bar, more than 35% of the energy value comes from proteins. This makes it perfect for sports people seeking to maintain and grow their muscle mass.
- Set kneading machine temperature at 15°C.
- Blend (a) ProTake, caseinates and maltitol in the kneading machine (50 rpm, approx. 3min)
- Mix (b) almond paste, glycerol and flavor and bring to the kneading machine.
- Knead (a+b) at 50 rpm approx. 3min.
- Cook (c) fructose syrup until 12% of its water is evaporated.
- Add (d) xylitol to the cooked syrup and let cool down to approx. 80°C.
- Bring the syrup to the kneading machine and knead further (50 rpm) until a dough is obtained.
- Empty the machine and shape the dough into bars.
Coating (in controlled room at 20°C):
- Melt (e) coating compound in water bath at 50-55°C while stirring gently (avoid air bubbles).
- Let it cool down to 40-45°C while still stirring.
- Dip the bars in it and let them rest on baking paper approx. 10min at room temperature.
- Place the bars during 30min at 15-18°C in a cool chamber for crystallization.
- Take the bars out of the chamber, let them acclimatize and store in close box at 12-20°C in an odor-free room (max RH 70%).
Contains: milk, nuts.
Formulation complies with EU regulations. Always consult the local requirements regarding labelling outside EU.
©Rousselot. This recipe cannot be reproduced, distributed, translated and used without prior permission of Rousselot.
For more ideas please contact your Sales Representative.