Gelatin for functional gummies
One of the fastest growing nutraceutical segments
Functional gummies are one of the fastest growing nutraceutical segments across Europe, North America and Asia. By adding functionalities that allow for health claims – vitamins, minerals, fibers or collagen – many brands have taken gummies beyond the boundaries of traditional confectionery.
Hygiene is vital in functional gummy production
In order to avoid cross-contamination during production, functional gummies require highly hygienic production conditions. Many manufacturers combine the use of pectin with clean production molds, however, these products miss the unmatched texture brought by gelatin. Our answer: SiMoGel.
Innovating dosage forms with starchless jelly production
With SiMoGel, the traditional starch moguls are replaced by silicone or teflon moguls, or blisters. This means you can produce jelly articles entirely without starch. The flexible molds can be cleaned and are free of bacteria and other types of pollution. This makes SiMoGel ideal for the production of functional gummies requiring the highest hygiene standards.
SiMoGel makes the production of functional gelatin-based gummies easier than ever.
Ensure unrivalled hygienic conditions
- The absence of starch or recycled starch means the process is completely hygienic
- The flexible molds can be cleaned and are free of bacteria and other types of pollution
- Innovative 3D or high-dimensional shapes
- Double-layered colors in a single gummy
- End products with perfect transparency, superior appearance, rapid and perfect flavor release
Speed up production
- Simogel-based gummies without starch depositing eed only a few hours to dry (unlike conventional gelatin-based gummies, which typically need to dry for +/- 24 hours – excluding demolding and starch preparation)
- No starch means no recycling
- Lower energy consumption, less labor (cleaning)
- No need for storage or gelling rooms before demolding
- Starchless moguls are significantly cheaper than traditional starch moguls