Choosing the right excipient for your pharmaceutical product is a vital part of ensuring optimal the delivery of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) in both hard and capsules. A few new shell ingredients have recently entered the market, but gelatin remains the excipient of choice for manufacturers worldwide.
- Between 2012 and 2017, hard capsules accounted for 12% (1) of all prescription-based and over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceutical products
- The global empty hard capsules market is anticipated to grow at over 7%, reaching a value of US$ 2.13 billion in revenues by 2022 (2)
(1) FDA figures 2011 to 2017
(2) Empty capsule market, Marketsandmarkets, May 2016
accounting for the highest revenue of the hard and soft capsule market in 2019 estimates.
- Clear label
- Optimal technical performance:
- Optimal rate of dissolution
- Mechanical resistance
- Low brittleness
- Limited oxygen permeability
- High Operational effectiveness:
- Reduced Weight variations
- Complete safety
Rousselot gelatin is a high-performance solution for hard capsules of any size or shape. At Rousselot we design our gelatins to meet the requirements of the latest high-speed machinery. Our gelatins will help you overcome pharmaceutical manufacturing challenges, facilitating the encapsulation of powder or more complex solid forms such as capsules in capsules and pellet capsules.
Contact us to discuss your needs and ideas. We're eager to reach further together.