Peptan: the bioactive protein with proven health benefits
Collagen’s popularity has grown rapidly in recent years, as a unique bioactive protein derived from natural sources. Visitors to the show will discover the latest scientific studies supporting Peptan, the world’s leading collagen peptides brand. This bioactive ingredient offers multiple benefits for skin beauty (1) as well as active nutrition, including its results for maintaining healthy joints (2)(3) and bones (4)(5) and aiding optimal muscle recovery after exercise (6). With a neutral organoleptic profile, Peptan can be easily integrated into a variety of functional food and beverage and dietary supplements without affecting the taste or odor. Peptan-enriched prototypes available for sampling include the ‘Birthday Cake Peptini’, a trendy vanilla flavored mocktail, ideal for partygoers opting for a healthy beverage alternative, as well as on-the-go Drink Stick Pack, a peach-flavored dry blend mix for boosting overall mobility and skin beauty.
On Wednesday September 27 at 12 noon, Peptan experts Dr. Elke De Clerck, Market Development Manager and Richard Schell, Nutritional Sales Manager, will hold a lunch brief on ‘Athletes and Fitness Enthusiasts Increasingly Seek Out Collagen Protein’. The session will investigate the growing popularity of collagen peptide as a bioactive protein in the sports nutrition industry, along with key breakthroughs in product formulation and results of the latest scientific studies showing Peptan’s proven benefits for active nutrition.
Reach ultimate levels of protein with Protake B
Rousselot’s leading hydrolyzed gelatin, ProTake contains 90 percent pure protein and allows food and beverage manufacturers to achieve a higher level of protein and/or create healthier alternatives with less fat and sugar. ProTake’s versatility, makes it suitable for use in a wide range of applications, ranging from protein bars and powders to soups and beverages. Visitors at the show will be able to experience how this product can help add value to food products in a simple way.
Select the right excipient with Rousselot world class gelatins
Rousselot’s experts will also be on hand to discuss its portfolio of gelatins for the pharma- and nutraceutical markets. Derived from natural sources, gelatin is the excipient of choice for the manufacturing of clean label soft capsule shells which enables optimal API delivery.
(1) Asserin, J., et al. 2015. The effect of oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moisture and the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology 14 (4): 291-301.
(2) Dar, Q-A., et al. 2017. Daily oral consumption of hydrolyzed type 1 collagen is chondroprotective and anti-inflammatory in murine posttraumatic osteoarthritis. PLoS ONE 12 (4): e0174705
(3) Jiang, JX., et al. 2014. Collagen peptides improve knee osteoarthritis in elderly women. Agro Food Industry Hi Tech 25 (2): 19-23.
(4) Daneault, A., et al. 2017. Hydrolyzed collagen promotes bone health in ovariectomized mice through the modulation of both osteoblast and osteoclast activity. Osteoporosis International 28: Supplement 1: P389.
(5) Guillerminet, F., et al. 2012. Hydrolyzed collagen improves bone status and prevents bone loss in ovariectomized C3H/HeN mice. Osteoporosis International 23 (7): 1909-1919.
(6) Zdzieblik, D., et al. 2015. Collagen peptide supplementation in combination with resistance training improves body composition and increases muscle strength in elderly sarcopenic men: a randomized controlled trial. British Journal of Nutrition 114 (8): 1237-1245